A tried and true vegan banana bread! Perfectly moist and delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cups (245 g) flour (spelt, whole wheat, unbleached all-purpose, or gluten free blend) – I use organic wholemeal spelt flour.
- 1/3 cup (75 g) organic pure cane sugar (or 1/2 finely chopped dates).
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- Pinch of mineral salt – I use the fine pink Himalayan salt.
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) neutral flavoured oil (or coconut oil in liquid state, vegan butter at room temperature) – I use liquid coconut oil.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 4 small or 3 large overripe bananas (about 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 cups (338-410g)), mashed.
- 1/4 cup (56 ml) almond milk, use only if needed – I use soy milk.
OPTIONAL TASTY ADD-INS:
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup chopped walnuts – I really like with walnuts;
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini or regular);
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C;
- Grease your loaf pan (or not, if you use a silicone loaf pan);
- In a medium/large size bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas.
- Add the oil, vanilla and bananas to the dry ingredients and mix until combined, do not over mix.
- If mixture seems too thick, add the almond or other plant based milk of your preference (especially if using heavier flours such as whole wheat or whole spelt, you’re more inclined to need it).
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (or silicone loaf pan).
- Bake for about 50 min – 1 hour. Ovens vary, mine usually takes 1 hour. You can also do the toothpick test in the center of the loaf, if it comes out clean it should be ready.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 min before slicing.
Store covered on the counter for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Keep in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw the wrapped loaves overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or a toaster oven with a door.
- Author: Julie | The Simple Veganista
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 min – 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 – 10 slices
- Category: Quick Bread
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Retrieved from: https://simple-veganista.com/vegan-banana-tea-bread/